The principal consultants of Visionary have more than 30 years of experience in their respective areas of expertise. These areas include disease management, health education, and health administration. Principal consultants of Visionary also specialize in health information technology and the management of large-scale programs and projects.
Eleanor (Ellie) Thornton, M.S., MCHES, AE-C, is the President, CEO and principal consultant of Visionary. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Respiratory Therapy from Georgia State University and a Master of Science degree in Health Promotion Management from Marymount University. She is a certified asthma educator, and a master certified health education specialist with more than 30 years of experience in providing health care related services.
She has provided consultation services to government, non-profits, not-for-profit organizations, and healthcare providers including:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- District of Columbia Asthma Coalition
- Advanced Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Center, LLC.
- Merck Childhood Asthma Network (MCAN)
- Head-off Environmental Asthma in Louisiana (HEAL) Project
- SRA International/The Constella Group
- Starlight Children’s Foundation
- CHAMPS Asthma Counselor Training & Curriculum Development
- National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD)/Coastal Family Health Center (CFHC) Mississippi Asthma Project
Michael D. Thornton, Sr., M.S., PMP, CPHIMS, FHIMSS is the Chief Operating Officer of Visionary, and the principal consultant offering information technology, program management and organizational development services. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Administration from Tennessee State University and a Master of Science degree in Administration from Central Michigan University. He is a retired career military officer and private sector corporate executive with over 31 years of experience. The range and depth of his expertise is the product of his managerial, administrative, and consulting experience. This experience ranges from administrative health care services and information technology project management, to organizational development and the management of human capital. He is professionally certified by both the Project Management Institute, and the Health Information Management Systems Society.
He has provided health information technology solutions, project management leadership, and administrative support to government agencies, healthcare delivery systems, and private sector corporations including:
- United States Army Nuclear and Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction Agency
- Axiom Resource Management, Inc.
- Electronic Data Systems Corporation
- USAF, Office of the Surgeon General
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
Eleanor and Mike are active members of numerous organizations and associations, including the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), where Mike serves as co-chair of the HIMSS Small Business and Diversity Roundtable, and Eleanor was a guest speaker at HIMSS'11 in Orlando, Florida. Both are volunteer members of the National Health Information Technology Collaborative for the Underserved Education and Outreach, Policy, and Privacy and Consent workgroups. Eleanor is also a member of the American Public Health Association, American Association for Respiratory Care, Association of Asthma Educators and the Society for Public Health Education.