According to the Centers for Disease Control, approximately 90 million people are burdened with chronic disease. Patients with diabetes, asthma, congestive heart failure, hypertension, mental illness, and other chronic diseases use a disproportionate share of medical resources, often receiving care from multiple providers.
As a result of optimally managed patient centered care, individuals with chronic diseases are less likely to suffer complications from their disease, and have better medical outcomes that lead to an improved quality of life - physically, psychologically, and financially.
Visionary is passionately dedicated to working with health agencies and health care providers to develop and implement cost effective best practice strategies using evidence based models or frameworks to manage chronic disease. We understand the primary role chronic disease plays in rising health care costs. Using our patient centered approach, combined with our expertise in applying evidence-based strategies, it is our goal to improve lives while driving substantial cost savings for the government, health care providers, insurers, and payers.
Visionary specializes in assessing and implementing outreach programs for chronic disease management for hard to reach populations.Our services include:
- Consultative services designed to increase the ability of health care providers, community based organizations, and public health agencies to plan for, design, implement, and evaluate Health Behavior Interventions
- Reviewing, evaluating, and developing post assessment improvement plans for current outreach strategies to reach target populations employed by clients
- Exploration of ways to translate research into practice
- Consultation services focused on helping care providers improve patient health education allowing their beneficiaries to better manage their condition and maintain positive lifestyle changes
- Outreach Web Portal Design and Implementation
Hard to reach and underserved populations who would most benefit from our services include:
- Inner city impoverished residents
- Members of rural communities
- People living in locations affected by natural or other disasters
- Post Discharge Veterans
- Active Duty Military Families
- The Elderly
- The Mentally Ill
Chronic Diseases that benefit from effective management include:
- Heart disease
- Auto-immune diseases (e.g. lupus)
- Mental Illness
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease